Sunday, January 29, 2006

Korean Dinner & Gecko's - January 20-21, 2006




















































































It's been a while. Well last weekend was pretty quiet. I didn't really stick to my budget very well and so I was left with about $60 to last me until payday, which is February 7 (we get paid once a month). So I haven't been doing much due to lack of funds. Luckily, Heather has lent me some dough so I don't have to be a cheapskate for the next couple weeks. I also finally got a Korean bank account and internet service at home.

Last weekend we went to a traditional Korean restaurant. It was pretty decent. There were singers, dancers and musician. We sat on the floor and the table had a wide assortment of dishes. It was definately worth it (raw crab was the strangest).

There are a couple of things that I really like about being here. One, the subway seats are heated......sweet! Second, my appartment has heated floors so it's just great to walk around barefoot. Toasty!

I briefly started listening to some "learn korean" mp3s and when I tried speaking it with some Korean co-workers at school, I discovered that I was butchering the language! Next week Ill be signing up for a Korean language class. I need to know how to say How you doin?.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home