Sunday, August 06, 2006

Bangkok, Thailand – July 22-23, 2006






This was an amazing trip! Every bit of it was enjoyable. I went to Thailand by myself so it was my first time vacationing solo. I was a bit apprehensive to do it, but everything worked out great so I shouldn’t have been worried.

I arrived in Bangkok 30 minutes past midnight, got a cab to Khoa San Road, which is a well known street where a lot of backpackers stay. I found a cheap place to stay, went out for a bit to check out the street then it was back to bed. The street was full of night owls either coming back or going out. There were a ton of ladyboys everywhere so I knew I had arrived.

The next day I hopped into a tuk-tuk, which is a three wheeled vehicle with no doors. My driver took me around and I got to see a few attractions like a giant golden Buddha. I got into a boat and went for a ride around the waterways of Bangkok. It amazed me that despite looking so torn apart that a lot of the homes that lined the water were still intact.

That evening I went to the Patpong area and did some night shopping as well as getting a Thai massage…..you know it had to be done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home