Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Kurt & Katie - Gwangju Visit – June 23-25, 2006







I made it down to see Kurt & Katie in Gwangju…finally. It was a good visit. I got to see a bit of the city and see the difference it has from Seoul. There are so many foreigners here in Seoul that you see them all the time. There were not many visible foreigners so you know you’re getting stared at by curious Koreans all the time.

We spent Saturday relaxing on a pagoda with a view of the World Cup Stadium. We walked about in the evening and went to a ‘pet café’, a definite first for me. The place has dogs and cats walking about and you can order coffee or some light food…..ummm…no thanks, I’d not feeling having a dog pee on me while I sip a cappuccino.

I had flavored soju for the first time. It was great, makes me want to get a blender for that sole purpose. We went to a couple of places at night. I loved when 20 or 30 of us converged on a bar and got the bouncer to let us in for only 5 bucks each…sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home