Sunday, February 05, 2006

Last Weekend Without $$$......(hopefully) – February 3-4, 2006







This week went by pretty fast. We had Monday off and it was the last week of the winter program at school, so it was pretty relaxed this week. I had my first Korean class on Wednesday. February is the alphabet class so we “learned” (I can’t remember all of it) the whole Korean alphabet in 2 hours. It’s nice to recognize some letters on street signs. It makes me feel more at home. I can now say: “My Name is Dozie”, “I’m a Canadian”, “hello”, “thank you”, “left”, “right” and “here”….. it’s a start

I finally found an ATM where my BMO debit card worked so I was able to take out some cash, a huge relief.

We headed to a DVD bang on Saturday. The concept is you rent a DVD and watch it in a private room that has a couch-like ‘bed’ with a few friends. The place had a limited selection and it was clean but the first thing I thought was - should I wipe down the bed before I lay down?

We also went to Insadong, a really artsy area. This was before getting money out of the ATM so we just looked through windows at all the stuff we couldn’t buy. There were lots of art galleries and places that sold ceramics, art supplies and home decor items.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home